Concussion Policy - What happens if I have a Concussion?
When an incident report form is completed and it notes that an individual has had a suspected or confirmed concussion, a medical suspension of 1 (One) year will be applied to the Member's profile.
If you do have a concussion, you are not able to return to riding until you are cleared by a Medical Professional.
To view the AusCycling Concussion Policy, please click here
Return to Racing, Competition, Coaching & Official Duties
A suspected/confirmed concussed rider must obtain a medical clearance from a qualified medical doctor before returning to any cycling activities. It is the rider’s/ parent’s responsibility to ensure that the rider is medically cleared before returning to cycling activities.
- An AusCycling Incident Report must be sent to AusCycling by coach (training) or Commissaire (event) using the ‘Incident Report Form’ via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- AusCycling will record the concussion on the individuals members profile and they will be medically suspended from all activities until medical clearance is received.
- Once clearance is received it is to be emailed to email@example.com
- Upon receipt of the medical clearance, AusCycling will remove the suspended members medical list.
- The individual will be permitted to return to all activities.
What happens if I lose my phone?
The information stored on your digital card cannot be used to access your AusCycling account. Once you obtain a new phone you can download your digital card at any time by following the steps in “How do I get my digital membership card?”.
Why is our Member Suspended?
Why is our Member Suspended? Members can be suspended for a few reasons, the main ones being Medical and Financial. The suspension fields are handled by the AusCycling Membership team and cannot be altered by clubs. Members must contact the ...
Incident Report Forms
If an incident happens at your venue/event, an AusCycling Incident Report Form is required to be completed. To download this form, please click here. Please email the completed form to AusCycling at firstname.lastname@example.org within 1 day of the ...
Are digital membership cards updated?
Yes! Digital membership cards are updated in near real-time (typically within 5 minutes provide you have network service). Updates are triggered when something happens on your account (update details, membership changes etc.).
How do I use digital membership cards for Races and Events?
There are two common ways people can or will use membership cards as follows: Visually This will be very similar for those event organisers who sight and check plastic cards at event sign-on. Members present the card via their phone instead of ...